Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A small reminder......






So about two months ago my family ordered a ring for my senior year but when I design my ring it was not designed to be an ordinary ring. This ring was designed with three very important people in mind, the first thing I put on the ring was an image of an eagle. This representing my grandfather Terry Apple he was my dad’s dad. When he passed away from lung cancer a week before my tenth birthday my heart broke but it made me even more determined to graduate just for him because the one thing that he wanted to see was me graduating.

     The second thing was a symbol of the American flag, my uncle; Jake Leija was deplored on my seventeenth birthday. He will not come back tell august of 2011 the last thing I want him to miss was my graduation but he is going to anyway so he can keep fight for the freedom of America. The determination that I get from my uncle pushes me further then I’ve ever been. My uncle has made me believe that there are no boundaries and that when I find myself stuck that there is always a different way to do things and to get to the very end.

     The third thing on my ring is not a symbol but a birth stone, not my birth stone but the birth stone of my cousin that passed away from crib death when she was only four months old. This little girl was the most beautiful little baby I had ever seen. But when she passed I made it a goal to accomplish everything I believe that she would have done with her life. Make something new happen every day and to try anything that is throw my way without hesitating.

     Every time I see my ring it is a reminder of all the things I have to live up to and all the things I still have to accomplish. Such a small reminder but everything it pushes me to do is so much bigger.            



No comments:

Post a Comment